We are an international network of independent women’s funds committed to expanding the resources available to women’s rights organizations around the world by providing grants to seed, support and strengthen women’s organizations in our own communities.
Principles & Values of the Network:
- Philanthropy is a shared responsibility and opportunity for each of us to to give, to receive, and to make a difference. We see financial resources as an instrument of social change.
- We share a commitment to the redistribution of wealth and financial resources to enable the full participation of women in all aspects of our society.
- As women’s funds we share a “broadly feminist perspective” within the framework of the universality of women’s human rights.
- We believe that listening to women and valuing their experience is critical. We believe that women themselves know best how to design solutions to the problems facing them. We trust and respect their ability. We have respect for women’s voices and women’s choices.
- Member funds acknowledge that the world we live and work in is deeply divided and unequal in terms of access to resources both within and among nations. As funds based in different parts of the world, we acknowledge the unequal distribution of power, wealth, and resources and commit to working towards a just and equitable world.
- We are committed to Diversity (of funding sources, diversity of people/perspectives in staff and board)
- Fairness and Evenhandedness (we treat all members of our network-grantees, donors, advisors – as as equal partners)
- Respect and trust (we respect the work and experience of women and we trust that women themselves know best how to determine their needs and find solutions for lasting change)
- Openness (being open to and learning about different ways to approach issues) and transparency in our procedures and policies (including being consistent with legal requirements needed to raise and give away money)